We love bath bombs! However, I don’t like the price of them so we now make our own using this really simple and cheap bath bomb recipe.
The bath bomb recipe we follow uses no unnecessary expensive ingredients and they work beautifully.
The ingredients worked out at around £10 and made around 50 large cupcake sized bath bombs with ingredients left over. (We already had the lavender essential oil and the silicone muffin molds. So, they work out at just 20p each!
We love this easy bath bomb recipe so much that we included it in our 20 diy gift ideas printable instruction cards.
To make these DIY bath bombs cheaply just follow the instructions below.
You will need:
2 cups of bicarbonate of soda
1 cup of citric acid
1 cup of cornstarch
1 cup of sea salt of Epsom salt
3 teaspoons of olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
5 drops of essential oil like lavender (take care not to get on skin or in eyes)
2 – 4 teaspoons of water (added gradually)
A large mixing bowl
A mixing spoon
Silicone cupcake molds
I bought the bicarbonate of soda and citric acid from Amazon. The bath salts are much cheaper in B&M and we used them regularly as a muscle soak.
1. Mix together bicarbonate of soda, citric acid, cornstarch, and salt.
2. Add in olive oil and essential oil slowly until well blended.
3. Add the water really slowly until the mix can hold a shape. You don’t want it to start fizzing!
4. Press mixture into silicone molds really well!
5. Let it rest for 15 minutes before carefully taking them out. (if they fall apart go back to step 4. You may need to add a little more water or press them in harder).
6. Let them dry for 24 hours before storing in a jar.
I’d love to hear how you get on with this cheap bath bomb recipe!