60+ Awesome Growth Mindset Quotes & free colouring sheets + posters
Printable Growth Mindset Quote
Last year I designed one of my popular free resources – Growth Mindset Activities For Kids.
So, I decided to add a few more growth mindset resources that are perfect for children.
I’ve created a set of Growth Mindset Quotes colouring pages and posters because it seemed like the perfect combination of positive thinking, creativity and relaxation.
The repetitive motion of colouring engages parts of the cerebral cortex while relaxing the amygdala which controls our emotions. Getting creative with some felt tips is a really positive way of regulating difficult emotions like anxiety and frustration.
- Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it. Steve Maraboli
- All things are difficult before they are easy. Thomas Fuller
- Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance. Samuel Johnson
- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.
- Every mistake you make is progress.
- You have not failed unless you have quit trying. Gordon Hinckley
- Shoot for the stars!
- It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. Confucius
- Every expert was once a beginner.
- We cannot control the wind, but… we can control the sail.
- Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it when we use it. Ruth Gordon
- May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears. Nelson Mandela
21. We learn from failure not from success.
- I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. Thomas A. Edison
- Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. Winston Churchill
- The very best thing you can do for the whole world is to make the most of yourself. Wallace Wattles
- It’s not about being the best. It’s about being better than you were yesterday.
- If you quit once, it becomes a habit. Don’t quit! Michael Jordan
- If “plan a” doesn’t work remember there are still 25 more letters to work through!
19. Be the change you wish to see in the world.
20. Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. George Bernard Shaw
21 Just because you haven’t found your talent, does not mean you don’t have one. Kermit the Frog
22. Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail. Confucius
23. Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of being. John Wooden
24. The person who does the work is the only one who learns. Harry Wong
25. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. Charles Swindoll
26. Failure is not the opposite of success it is a part of it!
27. Be so busing improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others. Chetan Bhagat
28. Practice makes perfect.
29. Believe in yourself!
30. I am always doing what I cannot do yet. In order to learn how to do it. Vincent Van Gogh
31. Don’t give up until you are proud.
Believe you can and you are half way there. Theodore Roosevelt
32. You’re in charge of your mind. You can help it grow by using it in the right way. Carol Dweck
33. Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible!’ Audrey Hepburn
34. Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think! Albert Einstein
35. A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. Albert Einstein
36. It’s not that Im so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer. Albert Einstein
37. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity! Albert Einstein
38. Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas Edison
39. Mistakes are proof that you are trying.
40. No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking. Voltaire
41. FAIL: first attempt in learning
42. Success is not an accident, success is a choice. Stephen Curry
43. Don’t worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try. Sherman Finesilver
44. Failure is so important. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. J.K. Rowling
45. Strive for progress, not perfection.
46. If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere. Frank A. Clark
47. All things are difficult before they are easy. Thomas Fuller
48. Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. Thomas Watson
49. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. Henry Ford
50. Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
51. The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make a mistake. Elbert Hubbard
52. May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears. Nelson Mandela
53. It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. E. E. Cummings
54. I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship. Little Women
55. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the ones you did. Mark Twain
56. The problem human beings face is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed. Michelangelo
57. Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. Joshua J. Marine
58. Test scores and measures of achievement tell you where a student is, but they don’t tell you where a student could end up. Carol Dweck
59. You can achieve anything you want in life if you have the courage to dream it, the intelligence to make a realistic plan, and the will to see that plan through to the end. Sidney A. Friedman
60. Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. Henry Ford
61. The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Jack Sparrow
62. If you don’t give anything, don’t expect anything. Success is not coming to you, you must come to it. Marva Collins
How to use these growth mindset quotes…
These quotes can be printed in colour and used as posters of framed. Click link below to print…
There are also colouring versions of each of the growth mindset quotes so they can be decorated by hand.
Finally, you’ll find a blank version with only the quote on a white background for you to decorate as you wish.
Hearing these growth mindset quotes on a regular basis will help kids and adults alike to be more open minded about their learning potential.
Remember to use words of encouragement rather than praising only the completion of a task.
Praising effort rather than a final outcome will encourage children to keep trying.
People who read “Growth Mindset Quotes” also read: