These pizza wheels are brilliant for fussy eaters as they are packed with hidden vegetables! They are really easy to make and can be frozen (uncooked). We make them for lunches and picnics at least once a week.
500g Strong White Bread Flour
7g sachet years
Cooked leftover vegetables e.g. carrots, courgette, sweet potato, onions, mushrooms, spinach…)
Basil and garlic
1. Mix flour, yeast, water and milk to form a soft dough.
2. Knead for a few minutes.
3. Leave to stand for an hour. (I skip this step if I’m in a rush…which is most of the time!)
4. Pour passata, cooked veg, basil, garlic and ketchup into a blender. I use our Nitro Ninja (I bought it to make baby food when Leo was born…it’s brilliant!).
5. Roll out you dough to a little over 1cm thick.
6. Spread over some tomato mix (you’ll have enough left to add to pasta or make more pizza a few days later)
7.Sprinkle on a little cheese and roll it up.
8. Use a sharp knife to cut into rounds about an inch thick.
9. Place on a greased baking tray.
10. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until your pizza wheels look golden.
These make a perfect lunch at home and are ideal to pack for lunch boxes and picnics.
Some of my links are affiliate links. This means that if you buy something through my link then I’ll make a little cash at no extra cost to you. That means that I can keep writing ☺ Thanks xxx