Toy Rescue | A Preschool Activity That Makes Writing Fun
Toy Rescue is fast-paced game that’s sure to get preschoolers interested in reading and writing.
It can be easily adapted depending on what you want your child to learn. So, you can play a colours version or choose a rhyming words setup instead.
Like the Fishing Letters Activity the activity in this example focuses on letter recognition and gives preschoolers a chance to practice their writing skills.
You will need:
- A4 paper to be your keypad.
- Laundry basket.
- Favourite toys.
What to do:
- Choose the letters/words that you want your child to practice and hide them around the room.
- Draw 5 or 6 squares on your paper…this is now your keypad and will be used to enter the secret code!
- Pop the favourite toys under the laundry basket so that they appear trapped.
- Leave it all set-up and wait for your child to find.
How To Play
- Tell the kids that the toys have been trapped and need rescuing by unlocking the keypad.
- Find each hidden letter/word and bring it back to the ‘keypad’.
- When they find a letter they should read out the letter/ word before copying it into the box on the keypad.
- When they’ve found them all and complete the keypad the prison will open and the toys will be free!
Remember to take a look at my other toddler and preschool activities.