Best Essential Oil Diffusers For Large Rooms
Essential Oil Diffuser Large Room – Top 15 Beautiful Diffusers for Large Spaces in 2020
Essential oils are the perfect way to add an amazing fragrance in your home or office. They are natural so they don’t add any nasty artificial chemicals into the air and they are known for having positive effects on our physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
If you have a large room then you’re definitely going to need an essential oil diffuser that’s up to the job.
Which type of essential oil diffuser is best for a large room?
Now, we all know that nothing is ever simple…including shopping for essential oil diffusers for large rooms!
There are actually five types of essential oil diffusers!
But, don’t worry…we’re here to help guide you with our essential oil diffuser large room guide.
Links in this article may be affiliate.
Ultrasonic Diffusers produce high-frequency vibrations in the water to disperse the essential oils in a fine mist.
They are pretty quiet…I find the faint humming relaxing at night. During the day I doubt you’d hear it at all. These are great if you have dry air from air conditioning.
Nebulizer/ Atomizer Diffusers don’t require water as they turn the essential oils into an almost gas like state before releasing tiny particles of pure essential oils into the air.
They are the most effective method of preserving the therapeutic qualities of the essential oils.
Fan Diffusers are a pretty basic method of diffusing. You drop your chosen oils onto a pad and a fan then disperses the oils around the room. Not ideal for large rooms as they only cover a small area.
Heat Diffusers warm the essential oil and force evaporation. While candle diffusers and other heat diffusers are cheap they have a few drawbacks.
Heat alters the chemical composition of the oil meaning that it may not retain its therapeutic properties . Heat diffusers also aren’t effective in large rooms as limited vapours are released.
Evaporation Diffuser allows the oils to be exposed to air where they evaporate naturally.
Pretty useless for filling a large room with fragrance but they look beautiful for personal use.
Nebulizer/ Atomizer and Ultrasonic Diffusers are the most effective essential oil diffusers for large rooms so our top picks below look at the best of these.
Ultrasonic Diffuser or Nebulizer Diffuser?
Nothing’s perfect right!? And there are pros and cons to both ultrasonic and nebulizer diffusers…
An ultrasonic diffuser is for you if you want to add humidity to the air because you live in a dry climate or have air con. You can even use them without oils as humidifiers.
They use less oil too as you add around 6 drops to the water (use less if infants are in the house…read this safety guide).
A nebulizer/ atomizer diffuser is for you if you want the full therapeutic benefits of your essential oils retained.
These are waterless diffuserswaterless diffusers so there’s no need to refill them and they won’t add moisture to your air if you live in a humid area.
Now let’s take a look at some of the features you’ll want your essential oil diffuser for large room to have.
What Features Does An Essential Oil Diffuser For Large Room Need?
- Power – you need it to be powerful enough to disperse vapours all around a large space.
- Large water tank – this allows for longer running time with less refilling. You’ll want one with a tank that’s at least 300ml.
- Timer – to be honest a timer is great to have on a diffuser for any size room. It means that the diffuser will automatically stop diffusing after the selected time. Saves oils and energy and prevents too much fragrance being dispersed (especially useful if babies and infants are around).
15 Best essential oil diffuser large room guide
There are so many diffusers available online nowadays so we’ve put together a best of list to help you find the right one for you.
We’ve personally tested many, studied the reviews and analyzed the specifications to bring you our top 15 essential oil diffusers for large rooms.
10 Best Atomizer Diffusers for Large Rooms
A quick look at our favourites:
Click on each image to view full details.
1. TaoTronics 300ml Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
Click here to see price and full reviews.
- Elegant design with wood grain effect.
- Very quiet to run so great in bedrooms.
- Acts as a night-light too with 7 coloured LED lights that can be adjusted to low or high brightness (or off).
- 300ml capacity will last for approximately 8 hours.
- Automatically turns off when water level is low.
- Timer allows you to choose when machine automatically turns off.
2. VicTsing 300ml Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser
- Beautiful wood grain effect.
- You can turn off the mist option and just use this as a night-light (or must with no light).
- 300ml water tank will run for around 10 hours.
- Automatically turns off when water runs out.
- Timer to use for allocated time.
- Motor is very quiet.
3. URPOWER 1000ml Essential Oil Diffuser
- This holds up to 1000ml which is enough to run for 20 hours!
- Automatically turns off when water runs out.
- Remote control with 5m range to control lights and mist.
- Timer to program it to automatically turn off.
- LED lights in 7 colours.
- 100% BPA free.
- Very quiet motor.
- Covers a space up to 430 ft² for aromatherapy purposes.