Train To Lettersville | Easy Toddler Activity To Learn Letters
Introducing letters to toddlers through play is a fun way to help them begin to recognize letters.
This game is so easy to set up and is perfect if you have a wooden train set or similar.
You will need:
- Train track, road or similar.
- Letters (we used our magnetic ones)
- Tray (we used a metal baking tray)
What to do:
- Build a train track.
- Set up a train with some wagons.
- Lay some magnetic letters along the track.
- Place the tray along or at the end of your track.
How To Play
- Drive along the track collecting a letter each time.
- Say the letter sound and transport them to Lettertown (the baking tray).
- Talk about the letters. Say them “M, m…m for mummy”.
- Extension – if you have an older child or toddler who needs a challenge then you can add a some post-its with letters or simple pictures for them to match their letters to.
Remember to take a look at my full list of easy toddler activities. There are loads more fun and easy toddler activities to teach letter sounds.